We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Site Reliability Engineering at Collective Health combines software and systems engineering skills. We apply modern infrastructure, systems, software, architecture, and development practices to give our customers a more reliable healthcare management experience!.
Partnering with engineering teams, Infrastructure Site Reliability Engineers build on public cloud services to deliver a comprehensive platform that enables our developers to rapidly deliver high-quality, impactful, scalable, and reliable services. As a broader group of Site Reliability Engineers including those passionate about infrastructure and those embedded in other engineering teams, we collaborate and identify themes and solutions to benefit Collective Health at large, engage in activities and retrospectives, and relentlessly support one another.
Together, we’re building the next generation healthcare platform, and proud to be on the cutting edge of this important mission!!.What you'll do:
On any given day you may need to...
- Collaborate on and/or lead engineering efforts from requirements to production, solving problems of developer productivity and presenting complex technical concepts to the team, engineering org, and leadership audiences.
- Write code that is well-tested, easily understood, and maintainable by others.
- Fix complex production issues related to availability or performance, even if they are outside your comfort zone.
- Apply software engineering principles to the operations of our systems in order to reduce toil.
- Help our internal customers tackle their problems in as efficient and future-proof a manner as possible.
- Build and execute plans that ensure our existing infrastructure remains up-to-date, compliant, and secure.
- Work independently and autonomously.
Imposter syndrome is real. If you are hesitant to apply because of not checking all the boxes, or you’ve had a less-traditional pathway into Site Reliability Engineering, we encourage you to still apply and mention why you believe you’d be a fit for the role.
- 10+ years of work experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Ability to drive projects that involve multiple internal and external partners to completion.
- Experience creating and monitoring SLIs and SLOs in order to set and remain within error budgets.
- Proven technical domain leadership: decomposing tasks, setting priorities, triaging incoming bugs and requests.
- Experience in supporting customer-facing production systems and responding to incidents as part of an on call rotation.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Expertise in management and use of relational databases including.
- Experience in solving diagnosing and resolving incidents that involve application, OS, network, infrastructure, partners, people, and process.
- Experience the following areas of software development: refactoring code, build infrastructure, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing, firewalls, load balancers, and secure communication -- especially in the context of cloud infrastructure.
- Methodical problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and an ability to own and drive projects to completion.
- Proven technical mentorship and ability to increase the abilities of those on and outside the team.
- Experience leading projects that demonstrate strong proficiencies in infrastructure, architecture, and software. Examples may include 3rd party API integrations, disaster recovery plans, cloud migrations, automation of manual or fragmented operations processes, containerization of services.
- Experience with at least one of the following or similar technologies, including: Kubernetes, Postgres, etc, Elasticsearch, or related scheduling and persistence services. Apache Kafka, or related eventing systems.
- Familiarity with using Infrastructure as Code technologies (eg. Terraform, Ansible)
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of infrastructure, distributed systems, data storage, Linux-based operating systems, and security.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, problem solving and software engineering skills. This is vital to maintaining an agile engineering culture while putting a robust user experience front and center. We bring together people with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives, while creating an environment where their passions can be supported, and mentored so they can learn and grow.
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]