Staff Software Engineer - Rise at Rise Buildings by VTS
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Identify, scope and lead large technical projects with high impact across many teams and key stakeholders
- Play a critical role in planning, working closely with senior leaders to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term technical and business strategy
- Lead the way by staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and best practices, and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way to advance the overall state of technology for the entire organization
- Lead by example and produce high-quality code that establishes coding standards and best practices for the team
- Create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation
- Support and mentor our senior engineers by being the go-to-person for questions but never be a bottleneck, see around the corner and anticipate engineers' needs, broadly distribute knowledge, and generally evangelize the platform
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building products/services. Ensure technical decision making aligns with our broad strategic initiatives.
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with more than one area of deep knowledge and experience
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale, high availability and fault-tolerant SaaS or consumer applications
- Proficient in MEAN Stack
- Served as the technical lead for large complex projects that span multiple teams and functions.
- Responsible for the technical roadmap for large business areas.
- Ability to internalize the best ideas from all over the organization, while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind.
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- Strong expertise in large scale distributed system designs
- Demonstrated experience in upleveling engineering best practices and creating technical efficiencies across teams
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
- Ability to create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment through excellent verbal and written communication skills
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!