Staff Software Engineer at Forager
Forager is growing. Due to this growth, we’re hiring Staff Software Engineers, to join us in building an automated, freight-matching marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating. You will be in charge of your teams success and owning complex deliverables. The impact you make in the role will directly affect your teams success.
What will you do?
- You will build applications and services to automate and optimize cross border freight industry using an SOA approach. You’ll work on algorithms for pricing and matching customers to vendors, front end dashboards, integrations with 3rd party APIs, and proof-of-concept pilots.
- You will write clean, effective code and follow best practices.
- Take an active part in and contribute to team processes, including planning, standups, retros.
- Participate heavily in code reviews, testing.
- Diagnose problems. Plan and apply fixes
- Have ownership of projects.
- Strong debugging skills, requiring little help from your peers.
- Make decisions on the technical design of features.
- Be a source of technical guidance for other engineers.
- You are the "go-to expert" in many areas of our codebase and have a strong understanding of the broad architecture of the entire system.
- Known for creating improvements (scalability, performance, stability) across systems with a strong understanding of architecting solutions.
- Work directly with the CTO to research, design and implement technologies, architectures, and systems.
- Understand the product(s) and our customers needs deeply.
Who you are?
- You've spent a significant amount of time as an engineer. You have a strong background and experience in software development with a solid understanding of core engineering concepts.
- You write clean, effective code and you adhere to good coding principles.
- You are a quick learner and are able to be productive with very little feedback from managers.
- You have experience architecting RESTful APIs.
- You have expert experience with React, Node/Express, and PostgreSQL.
- Committed to testing and have experience with JS testing frameworks (Jest).
- Curious, dedicated, and accountable.
- Driven, fast-paced. You love the speed and impact that comes from working in a start-up. You set ambitious goals for yourself and work to meet them.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience.