Leapfrog Online is looking for a Systems Administrator to join the operations team. As a Systems Administrator you will be responsible for system and network architecture, building scalable systems that are consistently monitored, and maintaining the overall goals of automation, reliability and inter-team collaboration. This is a hands-on position that will have direct influence over all aspects of Leapfrog Online's systems infrastructure.
About the Team
The DevOps team at Leapfrog Online combines both the operational and software engineering staff. We are a small, self-motivated team that is dedicated to the continual operation of our systems, maintaining our platform, and building new software to meet client needs.
Here's a few examples of recent work that you would be doing if you worked here:
* Build out a multi-cloud infrastructure in Azure and AWS
* Use Terraform and Ansible to provision cloud-based hosts
* Replace SSL certificates with Let’s Encrypt versions
* Replace our current monitoring system with Prometheus
● Help maintain a combination of onsite, co-located, managed and cloud services (AWS, Azure) that run a mix of Linux and Windows operating systems.
● Maintain both customer-facing and internal systems while working across teams to make the most appropriate decisions to support the business.
● Ensure the highest levels of stack stability, availability and performance via automation and monitoring
● Although we strive to keep work within regular hours, there will be occasional off-hours work to support the needs of the business.
● For this position we require a minimum of three years experience related to system administration, network administration or datacenter management.
● You should have intensive knowledge of and a preference towards the Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, OS X) operating system and be comfortable with virtualization concepts.
● You should have working knowledge of a scripting language such as Bash, Ruby, Python or Perl.
● You must be interested in working with and/or learning: Terraform, Nginx, Ansible, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and Prometheus.
● We do work with hardware, there will be an occasional need to lift and rack server/storage/networking equipment (up to 50 pounds).
● Experience in Software Engineering is a plus. There will be opportunities for qualified candidates to develop internal DevOps tools.
Leapfrog Online is a great place to work. We have competitive pay, a matching 401k package, life & disability insurance as well as bonus potential. We have a casual environment and strive to maintain a work/life balance. Our current offices are in Evanston, but we are moving to downtown Chicago in early 2019; both locations are steps away from L stops and other public transit options.
The real perk of this job is the ability to contribute to a profitable and growing company that strives to give employees the ability to master their job, increase their skills and be autonomous in their work. We are a small enough company that you can witness and be rewarded for your contributions, but large enough to partner with Fortune 100 companies. We support an individual's contribution to the community at large with multiple philanthropic activities and encourage employees to be part of their larger working collective by attending and supporting prominent conferences.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (we really like cover letters). Consider your background, what you know, what you want to learn in your career, and how you feel you fit this position. Links to a personal blog and/or github repository that would help represent the quality of your work are also greatly appreciated. If you want to know more about us and what we do, here is our tech blog: http://leapfrogonline.io.