Systems Support Engineer
Optiver’s Systems Support Engineers focus on IT systems and applications that allow users to perform their daily work. We firmly believe and work towards finding the right blend of functionality for our users and manageability for administrators. To that end, the person we seek will revel in finding that balance, and running systems that consistently work, and work well.
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
What you'll do:
You’ll be part of a fast-paced operations team on the front lines of support, with the following responsibilities:
• Act as a single point of contact for general IT questions or assistance
• Provide support for non-critical trading and enterprise applications
• Manage our trader IPC/Turret infrastructure
• Manage our Phones, Printers, Video Conferencing, and Security Systems
• Includes selection of technologies used, and monitoring of these systems
• Analyze and recommend enterprise IT solutions for user facing technologies
• Coordinate with other IT engineering teams to execute on service delivery (building windows desktop hosts, provisioning VPN connections, etc.)
• Manage the internal office website
What you’ll need:
• Experience troubleshooting IT support issues
• Passion for problem solving in a fast-paced environment
• Strong desire to work with a wide scope of technologies
• Attention to detail and cleanliness
• An understanding of change control processes
• Strong documentation mentality
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you'll get:
25 days paid vacation, paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount, attractive bonus structure, training opportunities, generous 401K company match, fully paid health insurance premiums, free catered breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages daily, complimentary in-house barista, weekly in-house chair massages, casual dress, game room and more!