Job Title: Team Lead, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Sertifi offers an Agreement Platform built for businesses who need a more efficient and secure way to manage the full contract process. We simplify how businesses send and collect agreements and payments by bringing it all into one secure platform. Sertifi automates business processes, saves you time from performing repetitive tasks, enhances security and PCI-compliance, and provides customers an easy and convenient way to do business with your company. Thousands of businesses around the world use Sertifi to streamline their contracts and payment processes, recognize revenue faster, and increase job efficiency.
We are currently seeking an experienced Team Lead, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our growing Engineering Team and lead our existing automated quality assurance efforts as we continue to improve the experience of our Sertifi Agreement Platform (large-scale SaaS web application).
In your role as Team Lead, SDET you will be expected to continue developing your own skills through hands-on coding daily while mentoring and growing the skills of our existing team members. If you are looking for a true player/coach role that retains hands-on development combined with an opportunity to mentor and lead a team then Sertifi could be your new home.
You will work closely with other SDET’s, scrum teams, security, DevOps and product teams to build upon and improve the functional aspects of our existing automated testing efforts including integration of our automated testing into the DevOps lifecycle. This is an opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by millions of our users across the globe. This position reports to our Engineering Manager in our downtown Chicago office.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
Day to Day
- Establish, document, and implement quality assurance automation best practices
- Mentor and develop the skills of existing team members as well as continually improving your own automation and development skill set
- Work in an Agile environment where innovation, teamwork and creativity are the pillars of success across our 6 scrum teams
- Hands on coding ability to create automation beyond just record and playback using specifically developed functions, adding control flow logic, analyzing UI elements and data structures
- Ensure that every phase and feature of the solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live
- Work with product and scrum teams to extract test scenarios from business requirements
- Evaluate and document results of manual and automated tests into software release notes for our bi-weekly software releases
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts such as test data and data validation including test results
- Work with the product, support, and customer success teams to replicate customer issues and application use cases when required
- Provide quality assurance expertise to fellow team members and other scrum teams on best practices and innovative approaches to testing our bi-weekly software releases
- Represent your team at our bi-weekly Scrum of Scrums which includes each of our scrum team leads, security, DevOps, and product teams to report progress being made against the sprint deliverables and identify any roadblocks that quality assurance is facing
- Ensure that our approaches to automated (and manual) testing are well defined, planned and executed
- Foster a culture of self-organizing teams through delegation of tasks/projects to fellow team members
- Own the assignment of testing workload into a release testing plan to be compiled and distributed at the beginning of every sprint
- Collaborate closely with one (or more) of our 6 scrum teams to promote software quality standards
- Define and implement a long-term strategy and approach to both performance and stress testing at the API, micro-services, and database layers
- Continue to champion the adoption of automated testing integrated into our DevOps lifecycle
- Develop and implement an improved and repeatable process for defect tracking, logging, reporting, and trend analysis
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Must have prior experience in both leading a quality assurance team as well as hand-on experience in an SDET role
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 4 years of test automation experience developing and executing end-to-end tests for complex systems, preferably at a SaaS company
- Solid experience using SQL to validate test results would be consider a must have skill
- Proficiency with OOP languages such as Python, familiarity with C# or Angular 8 would be a bonus
- Experience developing and executing manual and automated tests for complex web applications, preferably at a SaaS company
- Expert understanding of web application design and debugging skills including micro-services. You will need to be familiar with accessing data sources (Databases, Web Services, APIs)
- Solid understanding of testing across distributed applications utilizing message bus technology and architecture
- Experience utilizing distributed source control such as Git would be preferred
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize both your own and your team’s workload
- Ability to solve complex problems in a systematic and organized way
- Experience developing and maintaining formal test documentation and reports including quality assurance metrics
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Salesforce, Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework, BrowserStack, SOAP and REST API testing (Postman and Ready API), JIRA, Confluence and qTest
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as Azure as well as build and deployment automation (CI/CD pipelines) would be preferred
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand-new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. You can expect to have dedicated head down coding time along with time set aside each month to work on your own Innovation projects. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.