Team Lead Software Engineer- Restaurant
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
GrubHub is hiring for an Engineering Team Lead to provide technical and architectural leadership for our key Delivery Team. This role will have a small team of Engineers reporting to you. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our unique three-sided marketplace enabling markets to adapt to real-time supply and demand metrics and help to deliver flawless orders to our customers.
This role will focus as an Engineering Team Lead who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture and managing a small team of awesome engineers. This role will focus on our Delivery team that impacts how our customers use our service.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Code reviews and managing and mentoring a small agile team
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
You Should Have
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of developers
- Fully self sufficient in either Java 8, Ruby or C#
- Exposure to algorithms would be seen as a plus
- Experience with Spring or equivalent WebMVC framework
- Extensive experience building REST APIs
- An understanding of Cassandra and NoSQL Databases
- Extensive experience with both unit and end to end testing frameworks
- Experience Building HA & Fault Tolerant applications
- Experience using and designing systems to run in cloud hosted containers
- Desire to work in a fast paced, tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.