Tech Ops Manager at Ocient
Ocient – Technical Operations Manager
What we are looking for:
A Technology Operation Manager to help manage Infrastructure/Security, DevOps, DataOps, and Desktop Support. The Technology Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily operations and management of the enterprise infrastructure and technical operations. This position will participate in informing the vision for technology infrastructure across the enterprise, providing leadership, planning and management for its development, acquisition, implementation and support. This position will partner with management and key stakeholders to align the organization’s information technology operations with strategic direction and build the technology processes and procedures to support business needs.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Manage IT operational tasks such as resource allocation, personnel management, technical guidance and mentorship, conflict resolution, and communication
- Monitors and measures the performance and results of IT operations/resources and provides direct and timely performance feedback
- Manages the deployment and configuration of systems utilizing change management processes and procedures
- Selection and installation of monitoring and alerting systems for logging, systems metric and network security (Experience with scalable platform such as Prometheus or ELK)
- Creates and maintains an attitude of continuous improvement in the IT department. Seeks innovative ways to apply technology to the organization’s core activities and supporting management processes to improve productivity and quality while reducing cost
- Ensures adherence to company and compliance and regulatory standards, goals, processes and policies as they relate to IT operations and infrastructure;
- Provides regulatory and compliance advice to business and control units on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for documenting and executing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Supports and encourages others to support the goals of the enterprise as well as those of enterprise partner organizations.
- Oversees the development and implementation of operational system(s), including defining the network architecture, assessing and mitigating security risks, and developing security and contingency plans, to ensure a 99.9% or greater system uptime
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, MIS)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience with at least four years’ experience leading or managing technical resources and/or an IT service desk in a mid to large sized organization
- Last 3 years operating in a Linux Environment
- Experience in running & building data centers (installation and configuration of datacenter equipment in a highly reliable design with multi-datacenter support)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others, including various levels of management
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to execute short-range plans
- Ability to react quickly to issues and develop both short/long-term solutions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask, prioritize, and pay close attention to details
- Strong analytical skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks/projects with a minimum of supervision
- Solid understanding of IT Service Management principles with a strong preference for experience in ITIL based organizations
- Solid understanding of IT supported technologies, and a broad knowledge of IT Technology and infrastructure
- Commitment to ensuring the security, confidentiality, availability, and integrity of client information
- Operating infrastructure as a service offering, with a strong preference for having operated a SQL database platform at scale
- Generating and operating within documented datacenter procures for external audits like PCI and SSAE 18 reports (Focus should be on security, privacy, availability and confidentiality)
Ocient is a Chicago-based, venture-funded startup building a SQL compliant, exabyte-scale database platform that achieves 1,000x better performance than Hadoop and NoSQL systems. It is a distributed system optimized for NVMe drives, RDMA networks and high core count processors and is written in C++. We are led by a management team with seven successful startup exits, including Cleversafe which was the largest software startup exit in Chicago’s history.