Technical Director of Engineering Operations at Kenna Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:21 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 18, 2020
NOTE: Kenna will not consider or accept resumes from external recruiters for this job posting. Kenna will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
We’re looking for an experienced and technical Director of Engineering Operations to lead our Engineering Operations department. This department includes our Systems Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering teams. This role will be responsible for everything from team process and organization, to performance and career growth of their team members, to high-level technical guidance of their teams' projects.
We’re a VC-backed startup in growth mode, and all employees receive a healthy amount of equity. We're still small enough for everyone to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we’ve established product-market fit, so our engineers can focus their energy on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
This position is an opportunity for an experienced manager to take their career to the next level, managing some of our most important engineering teams which build, operate, and maintain our production technology platform.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, coach, and guide a team of highly talented Systems and Site Reliability Engineers.
- Champion infrastructure improvement and automation projects and partner with Engineering, Product Management, and QA to define and execute on them.
- Own operational excellence of the production platform infrastructure, ensuring high availability, reliability and performance.
- Be the external-facing representative of the team to the rest of the company, ensuring delivery of all cross-departmental needs.
- Work closely with the software development teams to provide infrastructure that allows rapid and reliable delivery to production.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of professional experience in engineering roles.
- 3+ years of professional engineering management experience.
- Experience with large-scale, cloud-hosted, multiple-deployment enterprise SaaS applications.
- Strong experience with cloud hosting providers, preferably AWS and/or GCP
- Experience with Linux-based servers, preferably Red Hat / Fedora.
- Experience with configuration management automation frameworks, preferably Ansible
- Experience with infrastructure management automation frameworks, preferably Terraform
- Experience with Kubernetes-based containerization and container orchestration preferred
- Experience working directly with customers and prospects to understand and meet their technical needs.
- Experience handling industry-standard and customer-proprietary compliance and security audits.
- Strong understanding of information security best practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description