Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
As a technical lead, you will lead a full stack team working across the organization, in developing key improvements and product enhancements for the Cameo platform.
You will have an advanced view into the people, technologies, and practices of the team, and apply your individual skills to help projects across the finish line. You will support the engineering culture and career growth of your team members, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, and team environment in which people do their best work. You are a player-coach here, who loves to push their own code just as much as you enjoy reviewing other’s work.
You will be managing across multiple technologies, our frontend (React/Redux site, React-Native app), as well as our backend (node.js) and database (mongoDB). You will collaborate with our sales, marketing, and data teams to help us deliver that perfect Cameo.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You enjoy working with fun people
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- You’re passionate about coaching and mentoring, and you want to develop your team into even better engineers than when they started with you - hopefully so well that they end up taking on your job here
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 1+ years as a technical lead or engineering manager with people management responsibilities
- JS Testing (Jest, Enzyme, Appium, etc)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- The secrets of webpack ;)
- Experience scaling a website and/or a mobile app to millions of users
- Related industry experience, particularly social media and/or video tech
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.