What we do
At Kalderos, we are building unifying technologies that bring transparency, trust, and equity to the entire healthcare community. We are on a mission to solve systemic problems of the healthcare system, redefining how the business of healthcare performsTM. We measure our success when we can empower all of healthcare to focus more on improving the health of people.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/about
Kalderos is looking for talented technical operations engineers to join our Engineering team in our Chicago or Brookfield, WI locations. We’re looking for engineers with a few years of practical work experience who have solid backgrounds in technical operations and are willing to learn rapidly to best serve our clients
Are you ready to join our amazing engineering team and help us change the world, one engineer at a time?
We are looking for
At Kalderos we are innovators, creators, and problem solvers. We look for people who share those passions while embracing differing opinions, skills, and life experiences. We view each application holistically; it's not just what you've done, but who you are and what makes you tick.
Reading through job list requirements can be intimidating, and we get that! We encourage you to apply ESPECIALLY if you don't meet every qualification. Think of these requirements as more of a wishlist we have, and show us in your cover letter what you bring to the table beyond hitting a bunch of bullet points. As we said before, we value life experiences, varying skills, and how those can translate into applicable experience for the role you want here at our organization.
We're changing the way healthcare performs, and we need someone who changes our mind about what a candidate can bring to the table.
What you’ll bring
- Prior practical work experience in a tech ops role
- Technical experience using and managing various software systems
- Wide and deep experience using the capabilities of Microsoft Azure to support web and data products - such as App Services, Function Apps, App Insights, Front Door, App Gateway, SQL Server, Citus, etc.
- Experience in:
- Scripting CI/CD pipelines with Azure DevOps or other similar tools
- Working with and supporting a development team - creating pipelines, provisioning services, participating in release deployments
- Implementing secure solutions for web applications, VMs, etc.
- Providing on-call support for production websites and applications
- Networking configuration a plus
- 1 years’ experience or more in a Technical Operations Engineer role supporting a web development platform
- Excellent organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering or similar field.
What you’ll be working on
- Help manage the hands-on day-to-day tactical technology needs of the Sales, Success, and Support teams. Develop and implement project solutions within Microsoft Azure and other technologies.
- Set up and maintain dev-ops solutions and work closely with developers to optimize and automate the CI/CD process
- Maintain and improve group processes, including support knowledge bases.
- Communicate process issues to the organization and contribute ideas for process improvements/ innovations.
- Participate in the selection of appropriate tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Contribute to building and managing internal software processes.
- Solve for business requirements using creative software and internal process solutions.
- Create reports and metrics and help analyze data.
- Attend project planning meetings and document projects.
- Assist in managing our Salesforce instance.
- Research and implement best practices.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teammates.
Why is this a great opportunity for you?
- We work on cutting edge technologies and products. We are continually evolving and building new product areas - providing many opportunities for individual team members to use their existing skills and grow in other areas as well.
- We are a tight-knit and collaborative team of over 20 engineers. We work hard, but have fun doing it. Our team is made up of a diverse set of talented people - each bringing to the team their unique experiences. We celebrate the diversity and inclusion within our team and within Kalderos.
- Our team members want to continually hone their craft - through a continuing education stipend, on the job opportunities, team lunch and learns and technical specialization groups that meet on a regular basis.
- Our team members work in agile product teams - gaining valuable experience working with talented product managers, business analysts, design/UX, scrum masters and quality assurance engineers. This is in addition to working with our other Kalderos teammates working on areas such as data science, marketing, customer success, sales, strategy, information security and finance.
- Check out our company perks listed further below!
Personal attributes we are looking for
Strong communication and collaboration skills are required as we look for people to take on leadership initiatives. We are not a typical Engineering team where people just want to put their heads down and code - but rather a team of engineers who want to actively participate in team and company initiatives not related to technical tasks.
- Self-starter and motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A deeply ingrained sense of timeliness and urgency to resolve problems
- High standards for excellence as well as strict adherence to policies, procedures, and schedules
- Excellent organization skills and can work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision, while effectively identifying, organizing, and prioritizing multiple projects for themselves and others.
- You are comfortable working at a company that celebrates failure and rewards success.
Company perks you will want to know about
- 401K plan
- Healthcare Benefits
- Training Allowance Fund
- Flexible Schedule
- Working for a Startup Company with a collaborative and positive culture
- A Fair PTO system that allows for a healthy work-life balance
- Opportunity to work on new technologies and learn new skills
- Cross functional training opportunities
- Tech Allowance Fund
- Guidance from a transparent leadership team
- Entertainment Allowance Fund
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/culture
Kalderos is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kalderos has decided to protect our current and future employees by shifting to an entirely remote workforce. We will continue to operate, interview, onboard, and work remotely. Please be aware that some of our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.