Technology Director, Front-End at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are looking for an individual to be engaged at the highest level of design, development and support of our client’s digital engagements - supporting our client’s customer touch points, bringing their customer experience and technology platforms to the next level in quality, innovation and overall business value. This position encompasses the full life-cycle of inclusion—strategic thinking, planning, design, development, accessibility testing identification, and execution, regression detection, logging, and verifying deficiencies, documentation, training, and support.
The Technology Director, Development and Inclusive Design role is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of the consumer-facing web and mobile applications. This includes directing all front-end development efforts to meet product requirements, support, and iterative improvements. The role requires proven experience in planning, designing, developing and deploying performant, scalable and resilient web applications. Additionally, you would be working with many stakeholders across the globe in design, experience, product, legal, marketing, training, communications, social media, external suppliers/agencies/developers, and senior leadership to drive forward world class experiences for everyone including customers with accessibility related needs.
In today’s digitally transforming world, it is critically important that content is consumable by anyone. Global trends including an aging population with high technology penetration, an update to the ADA Title III in 2010, AODA in 2014, WCAG in 2017, European Accessibility Act in 2018, and increased social awareness on digital inclusiveness have made it more important than ever for brands to stay at the forefront of ensuring all digital storefronts are as accessible to customers as their brick and mortar stores both to preserve brand image and avoid litigation. When working with our clients which include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile, and more your ultimate goal is valuing each and every customer’s ability to have the same quality interaction with our clients brand regardless of how they engage.
- Lead the technology team to create engaging, reliable, high-performance digital experiences
- Work with the technology managers and leads to ensure the team, projects, and systems are working and running as effective as possible
- Leads the technology conversation in a cross-functional team to translate product, design & business requirements into well-realized deliverable
- Partner with creative directors, user experience leads, and product owners to ensure designs, wireframes, and pre-development technical decisions will produce compliant results
- Serve as a liaison within all teams (authors, content, design, development, software engineering, marketing, and UX) driving consistent standards compliant with best practices, applicable laws, and/or relevant digital guidelines
- Develop, socialize, and foster ongoing prioritized progress towards a roadmap across the digital channels to meet accessibility compliance and inclusion
- Promotes and supports a culture of compliance, risk avoidance and corporate accountability throughout the organization
- Be able to explain clearly the accepted compliance, best practices, accessibility standards, WCAG, ATAG, Title III and best in class industry guidelines
- Manage team members under their purview, including resource performance review management, career development, and conflict mitigation
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 10 years of prior experience with development projects is required
- Strong technical leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Experience leading or managing developers
- Leader capable of creative collaborations with designers and user experience architects, technical involvement with software engineers, improving deliverables with quality assurance teams, and participation with the business and stakeholders.
- Strong management and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of accessibility-related guidelines and standards including ADA, WCAG, AODA, DDA, European Accessibility Act
- Experience with accessibility evaluations, testing and, assistive technologies, including JAWS, and NVDA
- Experience with digital channels including mobile, web, and kiosk, and potentially physical channels
- Consistent upward and downstream communication
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance