Sprout Social is looking for a Head of Solution Engineering who will be responsible for running a combined global Solutions Engineering team supporting SMB, Mid Market, Agency & Enterprise sales teams. You will be a key member of the leadership team and instrumental in managing and closing large strategic deals, where Sprout is striving to deliver a large digital transformation to its customers and their long-term sustainable success.
Pivotal to this will be your ability to assist CMOs, VPs of Marketing and Directors of Social in their digital transformation journey and to help them see social differently. This will include the ability to advise on strategies for customer-experience transformation, market-entry, marketing growth, industry trends and digital innovation in a compelling and engaging fashion.
You will be responsible for leading and growing a Solutions Engineering team in order to drive business across our customer segments around the globe. It will be critical that you are able to bring together the various teams across our EMEA and APAC regions to deliver on customer success. You will also build strong cross-functional relationships with Product, Marketing, Enablement, Customer Success, Sales Operations and Customer Support. You will report to the VP of Global Enterprise Strategy.
If you have driven digital transformation projects across varied industries and are able to develop C-level connections with large complex enterprises, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- At least 7 years of leadership experience (including second line leadership) in a sales, pre-sales or consulting role
- Experience partnering with C-suite at large complex enterprise organizations
- B2B SaaS experience
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products, sales motion and culture.
- Partner with the VP of Global Enterprise Strategy to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Enablement organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities for Solution Engineers
- Monitor the progress of RFPs and security documents in order to initiate appropriate actions and optimize where necessary.
- Begin to provide strategic guidance to Solutions Engineering Leaders and Solution Engineers with call/demo shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Create an early concept of a future plan/vision for your team and begin socializing and prioritizing against it.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross-departmental relationships with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Sales Operations, Enablement and Product teams.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the Solutions Engineering organization and help others grow, learn and be inspired by your experiences.
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to revenue targets and team productivity.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly pipeline and revenue targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long-term plan for your team.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!