VP of Engineering
Livly is hiring a VP of Engineering to lead our quickly growing engineering team. You will partner with leadership to define our technical vision and product roadmap. You will develop new and scale existing processes across both tech and people functions. If you’re a natural leader, have the ability to solve complex problems, and enjoy managing and developing talented engineers, we’re looking for you!
Who we are: Livly is an operating system for all digital and physical experiences in buildings across the world. Our mission is to create joy through great technology and services - one building, person and digital experience at a time.
What you'll do in this role:
- Partner with CTO and executive leadership to lead the technical vision.
- Partner with head of product on prioritization and roadmap management from ideation through execution and iteration.
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting, and software products.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Responsible for SDLC optimization.
- Employ agile based development methodologies.
- Recruit top talent by working with our talent team to continuously enhance processes.
- Contribute in building an engineering brand that effectively portrays the engineering employee value proposition externally.
- Manage and develop top performing teams including training, performance management, feedback, and professional development for all engineering team members.
- Build an engineering brand that portrays the engineering employee value proposition externally.
You’ll love this role if you’re:
- A problem solver. You have a track record of identifying and implementing innovative solutions that drive efficiency and push the business forward.
- An effective communicator. You have the ability to establish effective relationships across the organization and partner accordingly to navigate complex situations.
- A top-notch communicator. You know how to give good news, give bad news, and listen.
- A natural leader. You have strong decision-making skills, can thrive under pressure, and are able to instill motivation and accountability in your team members.
What you bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience with 15+ years of experience as an engineer across multiple environments.
- Experience working in venture-backed startups, with experience spanning from early-stage to late-stage series round companies is a huge plus.
- Principal level engineer or higher level of experience in one area of engineering.
- 8+ years experience of engineering leading a team of 30+ people, including management at multiple companies.
- Proven track record of building and leading world class teams.
- Proven track record of building credibility and trust with talented software engineers, peers, and cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of C# and .Net.
- Strong understanding of ops and infrastructure.
- Background in continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Knowledge of QA, automated testing, and testing frameworks.
- Proficient in agile methodologies and use of metrics.
- Knowledge of new technology trends and its applications for new products in the marketplace.
What Livly offers you:
- The opportunity to be creative, make an impact, and grow professionally while working in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
- Competitive salary and great benefits. We cover 80% of Medical Premiums, and offer dental, vision, and commuter benefits.
- Fun perks like snacks in office, wellness initiatives, team events, and Livly gear.