About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Work in a fun and fast-paced environment supporting the wide-ranging development needs of our Marketing department. This is an unbeatable opportunity for a talented, budding engineer to grow and advance at an elite tech company.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop HTML templates for our customer-facing email programs. Serve as the expert for how to make emails look pixel-perfect across every major email platform
- Maintain and develop Wordpress-based websites such as The Crave, Grubhub for Restaurants, and Grubhub for Drivers.
- Adopt and adhere to coding best practices including code reviews, automated testing, and version control
- Manage your own workload by accurately gauging timelines and meeting deadlines
- Work with UX designers and provide feedback when necessary
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX designs
- Work across teams and communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and customers
You Should Have
- Experience coding responsive HTML email templates.
- Wordpress and custom PHP development experience
- 2 - 4 years experience building interactive web applications
- Strong CSS & HTML5 skills, including SASS and LESS. Experience with responsive design.
- Comfortable using Git version control via command line
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.