Windows Automation Engineer
What We Do
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver solutions with actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.
What You'll Do:
As a Windows Automation Engineer, the primary responsibility of this role is to design, build, deploy, and maintain automation scripts and tools that allows us to provision, deploy, and monitor Windows infrastructure in our multi-cloud and multi-tenant environments. This role will enable automated provisioning of servers, databases, storage, and networks for cloud-based platforms. You will work collaboratively with other team members to:
- Write and review scripts, templates, interfaces, and utility applications to ensure consistent and repeatable infrastructure deployments
- Work closely with our Site Operations, SRE, and Security teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
- Coordinate with other teams, such as Security, Linux, Network, Help Desk, and Data Persistence to ensure overall success and support of Uptake systems
- Recommend and document standards and best practices including capacity planning, recovery strategies and security for supported areas
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of systems operation and maintenance
- Mentor more junior staff in automation solutions, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participate in entry level interviewing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years above average understanding and practical use of administering Windows Server systems and Active Directory for LDAP and server configuration
- 2+ years systems administration skills in a Cloud environment
- Experience implementing highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise solutions
- A passion for DevOps and an appreciation for Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Outstanding programming and problem solving skills
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working in a mixed Windows and Linux environment
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the primary AWS services (E.g. EC2, ELB, IAM, S3)
- Provisioning & Configuration management (E.g. Active Directory, CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet)
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. Powershell, Python, Ruby, Bash Scripting).
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.