CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The VMware & Windows Engineer uses demonstrated knowledge and to design, build, test, and maintain virtualized Windows systems that meet business requirements as well as support the legacy Windows Server environment. The right candidate should be a highly motivated individual excited to learn and grow in their field as well as adjacent fields in a fast-paced large IT organization.
- Serve on cross-functional project teams as a platform subject matter expert
- Document system design and related processes
- Adapt daily to changing environment requirements and manage multiple tasks
- Lead team initiatives and coach junior team members
- Assume total responsibility for work assigned and deliver on commitments
- Take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensure timely resolution
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement of the Windows and VMware environment
- Follow all documented processes and procedures as defined by internal documentation
- Associates, Bachelors and or Masters; in Information Systems, Computer Science, Networking, Systems Administration preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of VMware ESX/ESXi vSphere/vMotion/vCenter
- 3+ years of Windows Server systems administration experience in a 24x7 environment· Experience in installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows servers, and Windows clusters.
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS, Active Directory design, ADFS, FTP, NAS, DNS, and PowerShell, SQL Server a plus
- Understanding of cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Familiar with disaster recovery procedures for recovery of virtual and physical Windows servers
- Fulfill both infrastructure and application support on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrated experience adapting to changing environment requirements and managing multiple tasks.
- Experience managing servers in large corporate environments, including security, security policy compliance, and exception processes
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to respond quickly and adapt to changes in priorities driven by a dynamic marketplace