Engineering Manager - Front End
Embedded as a member of one of our engineering squads, you will be part of the day-to-day Agile development environment. Part of this will be supporting and developing other members of the team - conducting regular check-ins, providing career and professional support, coaching and advising, conducting performance reviews, etc. While you should be excited about writing production-level code, we want you to be equally excited about the trajectory of your team and your part in forming them as stellar software engineers.
Relocation is offered for this role, if applicable.
- Manage fellow software engineers with specific responsibility to support the growth of their careers
- Architect and develop software features based on visual mockups or user stories
- Take ownership of any step in the software development process, from design through maintenance
- Deliver high quality code, which is functional, maintainable and performant, while working and communicating in a team environment
- Extend testing capabilities by writing unit tests, creating integration tests, and assisting in basic QA testing during new feature development
- Proactively mentor junior and mid-career engineers
- Support and enhance the Sprout Social culture
- Drive your project team to build in Sprout’s best interests by being cognizant of business requirements, market need, customer pains, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of software engineering experience, preferably building web applications
- You stay up-to-date with new ECMAScript and browser features that will make application development better
- Unit tests and integration tests keep you sane
- You’re known for working well independently with little guidance, but are also a great collaborator with other engineers, both front and back-end
- You know when to apply duct tape and when to rebuild
- Experience with every stage of software development process: design, architecture, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, documentation, etc.
- Growing a strong engineering culture in an agile environment is something that you feel strongly about and have done before
- You possess excellent leadership, project & logistics management, and people mentoring skills
Note: When applying please submit your favorite code samples and/or Github profile
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Unfortunately, at this stage of our growth Sprout Social is unable to provide H-1B sponsorship.