Accounting Manager at Fooda
Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 2,000 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Fooda operates in 20 major US cities and plans to continue its expansion across the United States and internationally. Eight out of ten employees believe Fooda is one of their company’s top perks.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join our finance and accounting team.
You are an experienced accounting professional with 6-8+ years of experience. You know the numbers and are a CPA, a great analytical problem solver and clear communicator. You are a leader who gets your hands dirty and have a reputation for being the one who gets it done, but you also have an interest and competency in developing and managing a team as we grow. You demonstrate high energy and passion and have complete command over the closing process. You have demonstrated excellence in implementing rigorous and disciplined financial controls and leveraging accounting systems. The internal control aptitude includes directly working with technology and operations teams to maintain and optimize an integrated accounting system and also identifying current weaknesses in business processes and developing short and medium-term plans to address them. You are super organized, possess technical accounting and reporting skills, and experienced working in a high growth environment. You have experience in all of the areas of responsibility.
This person will have direct reports and report to the Controller.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Fooda accounting and finance team members all wear lots of different hats and we'll expect whoever joins our team to do the same. Roles and responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to, the following:
- Partner with Controller to oversee and manage accounting team
- Participate in monthly close including review of journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by direct reports, as well as consolidation and reporting
- Manage restaurant, supplier and accounts payable function
- Own responsibility for Fooda’s retail business’ accounting and reporting
- Perform technical accounting research to address complex accounting matters and reporting, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations for complex transactions and high-risk accounts
- Research, upgrade and document internal controls, procedures and policies
- Work with the Controller to assist with income taxes and local regulatory filings at the county, city and state level
- Collaborate with FP&A team on monthly financial variance analysis
- Assist Controller in developing internal control framework and accounting work flow through leveraging current process, NetSuite and prior experience
- Complete and support special projects aimed at improving our operational efficiency and reporting
Who You Are:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 6-8+ years of experience, including previous experience in Accounting Manager or Senior Accounting role at a growth company. Big 4 experience preferred.
- Assertive and confident leader
- Experience in people management; self-motivated and capable of developing, managing and motivating your team independently
- Applies deep accounting knowledge to new business models and transactions
- Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges
- Player/coach mentality who consistently reevaluates and communicates priorities
- Identifies inefficiencies and continues to evolve processes and internal controls
- Very organized and detail oriented with high tolerance for ambiguity
- Effective collaboration and communication skills to interact with all levels of our organization
- Expert with Microsoft Excel and high level of proficiency with other MS Office applications
- Experience with NetSuite is highly preferred
- Positive attitude – startups are a rollercoaster and a great outlook is paramount
- Background that indicates that you have some start-up DNA and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k retirement plan with Company match
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-issued laptop
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Travel is generally not required, but may at times be necessary
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.