Accounts Payable Specialist at Optiver
We’re looking for a motivated, deadline-driven Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance team. As Accounts Payable Specialist, you will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in business operations by owning the full cycle of AP, ensuring accurate and timely recording of expenses and payments to vendors.
What you'll do:
- Process, code and maintain approval support for all invoices received
- Ensure completeness over invoices received, manage AP inbox
- Prepare supporting documentation and process ACH and wire payments
- Independently research and resolve accounts payable related issues and discrepancies
- Maintain vendor relationships, send remittances, answer any vendor inquiries as needed
- Build and maintain various AP reports; assist with operating expense variance analysis
- Collaborate with tax team to assist in sales and use tax calculations
- Prepare journals and perform various support schedules and reconciliations in support of the month-end close process
- Assist with special projects, as needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years accounting or relevant experience
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- NetSuite, Accrualify, or Atlassian/Jira experience is a plus
- Knowledge of brokerage and trading technology vendors and expenses, a plus
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.