Accounts Receivables Analyst (Temp)
The AR Analyst is the central figure of responsibility in the successful management of Account Receivables balances. The primary responsibility of the AR Analyst is to establish and maintain communication lines with various customer departments that may impact the payment status of customers, thus impacting Accounts Receivable. The ideal AR Analyst will proactively identify and quantify credit risk issues and create solutions for the resolution of these items. The position requires excellent communication and negotiating skills, strong analytical skills, and advanced organizational and presentation abilities.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze 250+ Management Company AR accounts by making collection inquiries and efforts via phone, email and fax.
- Ability to proactively research any billing discrepancies causing the collection issue and make necessary corrections, including but not limited to: processing cancellation requests, issuing credits, applying misapplied payments and writing off debt when necessary.
- Communicate to customer in a professional manner
- Work closely with Sales to escalate and communicate the collection issues and communicate the resolution to Sales
- Thoroughly document all contacts on each account
- Responsible for meeting weekly, monthly and quarterly collection goals on assigned accounts.
- Prepare credits and/or billing corrections per established company guidelines
ACCOUNTABILITY AND DECISION MAKING:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounts Receivable accounts assigned in accordance with the Company credit and collection guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for communicating to the respective departments the root cause for collection issues that are related to billing discrepancies, product performance issues, sales issue, etc.
- Ability to provide resolution to collection issues to Management
- Ability to quickly identify accounts at risk proactively before delinquency become inevitable
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Communicate with external customers in a professional manner at all times to determine the root cause for the collection issue.
- Communicate with Sales to inform issues with their accounts and provide resolution
- Communicate collection issues due to internal process/training or product issues resulting in collections issues so the issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of accounts receivable
- Knowledge of internet and email protocols
- Ability to learn various systems used to document collection efforts (Salesforce, Psoft)
- Ability to meet monthly AR goals as provided by Management
- Ability to analyze AR account trends and proactively resolve any collection issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word program
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft preferred
- 4 Year College Degree
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment.
- 2 to 4 years of work experience required, in related area preferred