Advisory Solution Consultant, Financial Services at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
ServiceNow is currently seeking an Advisory Solution Consultant to provide technical sales partnership and to provide customers within the Financial Services industry with product and solution advice during sales pursuits. The Solution Consultant will participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing world-class technical pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, extensibility, and ease-of-use of the ServiceNow platform.
What You Get To Do In This Role
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security, etc.
- Routine interaction with C-Suite Executives
- Interview customers both face to face and remotely to uncover their technology and business needs
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of enterprise customer needs
- Lead non-technical discussions with your customers to help define business objectives that ServiceNow can address and what the value of those objectives are
- Sell the value of our solution, not the features and functionality of the products
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization
- Support and sometimes lead regional marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars, etc
- Demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, both onsite and via video conference.
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environment(s)
- Have a deep understanding of the ServiceNow platform so you can be consultative and provide customers guidance and best practices in designing their solution
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and POC/POC
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel and Professional Services, conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations, etc in preparation for deployment
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at Executive briefings/marketing events
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7+ Years of enterprise software pre-sales experience (Solution Consulting, Pre-Sales Engineering)
- Experience working with and selling to large enterprises (5000+ employees)
- Experience selling into Financial Services based organizations (Insurance, Banking, Wealth/Asset Management)
- Solution and/or process experience with one more of the following is highly desirable: IT Service Management (ITSM), Financial Management (FM) Project Portfolio Management (PPM), DevOps, Agile, HR Service Delivery (HRSD), Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC), Security Operations, IT Operations Management (ITOM) including Cloud Management, Event Management, Infrastructure Discovery/Mapping or any complimentary technologies.
- Strong understanding of shared services/support center environments.
- Exhibits prior or current technical expertise in enterprise SaaS based web technologies and the ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Exhibits a degree of technical expertise and understanding
- Able to articulate and logically communicate concepts with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Proven technical aptitude in learning new technology and solutions quickly
- Understanding of and experience selling to enterprise architecture.
- ITIL4 or ITILv3 foundation certification highly desired but not required.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) certification highly desired but not required
- Advanced ServiceNow Certifications including Certified Application Developer (CAD) or Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) a plus but not required
- Ability to understand the "bigger picture" and the business drivers around IT
- Territory management skills, including pipeline building and working with Sales counterpart to guide execution excellence
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Business Travel, as necessary
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.