Analyst, Finance & Analytics
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a data-driven, business-minded, product-oriented Analyst to join our Finance team.The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. This role reports to the Manager of Finance and Analytics.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and operate with acute attention to detail.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Monitor KPIs and business drivers- highlighting trends and investigating underlying causes of variance
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the impact of the changes we’re making to our products
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality for the Finance team by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Prepare KPI reports distributed daily, weekly and monthly to the Executive and Senior Teams
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
You Should Have
- BA/BS from top-tier University
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, finance or tech
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL or Tableau experience is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
- Finally, work with an awesome team that loves its work and also loves to have a great time!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.