Arity-Cloud Cost Optimization Analyst at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Architecture, Security, and Governance (ASG) team is responsibility for design of AWS infrastructure, new product offerings, compliance and management processes, and other functions within Arity. This team works closely with the platform and product teams to deliver the optimal design solutions across security, compliance, and cost.
The Cloud Cost Optimization Analyst is responsible for monitoring and auditing AWS resources for the platform team to improve the operational efficiency of Arity's cloud infrastructure. This role will have both strategic and operational responsibility. This position is responsible for estimating product development costs and forecasting growth, while also considering third party support licensing agreements, labor costs, and financial statement impact. The Cloud Cost Optimization Analyst will support Arity's engineering teams by creating and executing plans to reach our financial objectives. You will interact regularly with the Arity engineering team and Arity finance team and partnering to take actions to reduce cloud spending.
- Analyze the cloud infrastructure and provide financial updates and optimization recommendations
- Create metrics, reports, and recommended remediation options and plans for financial excellence in the cloud
- Work with platform team to implement resource tracking (tagging) structure
- Participate in the configuration, tuning, and implementation of AWS Cost Explorer, Apptio's Cloudability, DivvyCloud, Grafana, and Tableau platforms to create cost reporting and identify spending patterns.
- Manage AWS resource discount programs (Reserved Instances and Savings Plans)
- Develop product development and growth forecasting financial models
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to help product teams make the most cost-efficient choices
- Work with Finance and Procurement Departments to estimate licensing needs and finalize agreements with software vendors
- Perform analysis, create decks and present regular operational reviews to leadership
- Work with ASG team to build management tools and track key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years of work experience preferred
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and cloud management tools preferred
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally at various levels of the organization.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification (or equivalent knowledge), AWS Business Professional certification or equivalent knowledge, AWS Cloud Practitioner certification
- Experience presenting to senior leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Passion for cloud technology and ability to articulate the cloud value proposition.
- High level organizational and financial analysis skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, AWS Cost Explorer, Tableau, SQL
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment