Associate, Revenue Cycle (Contract) at Oak Street Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:45 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Associate, Revenue Cycle
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients' communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Revenue Cycle Associate will be involved in the company's day-to-day revenue cycle management and accounts receivable operations to ensure timely and appropriate submission of health care claims and subsequent payment for services rendered.
- Ensure payments are collected timely and in full from payers, and perform appropriate accounts receivable follow-up for denied claims
- Make use of all available tools (websites, electronic medical records, and payer systems) to efficiently identify reasons for non-payments, and follow the necessary steps for the insurance company to adjudicate the claims
- Work with billing vendor and insurance companies to follow-up on denials of claims, make necessary corrections, and refile the claim to the payer for reimbursement
- Process and upload checks/electronic payments to billing vendor's portal for cash posting
- Review/approve patient statements prior to billing vendor mailing
- Analyze data from billing vendor to identify trends and create reports for management
- Interact and collaborate with administrative staff within our clinics and our billing vendor to resolve billing questions
- Extract details from medical records to substantiate billing coding changes
- Work through payer issues such as denials, underpayments and/or missing payment
- Communicate effectively using helpdesk ticketing system to reply to clinic inquiries regarding patient statements
- Contact payers to obtain clarification and/or details regarding incorrect payment/denials
- Effectively work edits within claim scrubbing software
- Maintain working knowledge of company policies for collections, adjustments and write-offs
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
We're looking for motivated individuals with following qualifications:
- The ideal candidate must have experience in health care accounts receivable follow-up, exceptional customer service skills, and a good understanding of the claims revenue cycle
- Knowledge related to reading and interpreting insurance Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements
- At least 2 years of working on coding denials, and understanding of NCCI edits preferred
- Solid understanding of insurance guidelines and principles, including COB, HIPAA, CPT, ICD-10, medical terminology, and managed care plans
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines is imperative
- Proficiency reading proper insurance plan and policy# from insurance ID cards
- Experience using Multi-payer web portals
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Adaptable to changing procedures and a growing environment
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excel/google sheets experienced preferred
- CPC credential is a plus
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.