Banking Operations Manager at Paylocity
The Banking Operations Manager will report to the Director of Banking Operations. This role will include responsibilities on the Banking Operations team, including wire transfers and ACH activity, where Paylocity processes over $134 billion in payroll transactions for its more than 20,000 clients. This role requires the ability to multi-task and to develop strong working relationships with individuals across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Manage operational tasks related to wire transfers, ACH returns, and collection processes to assure timely and accurate handling of transactions.
- Closely monitor ACH company-level returns to reduce at-risk exposure; communicate with clients and service partners as needed to ensure effective resolution of issues.
- Monitor daily workflow within the department to ensure that all deadlines are met and resources utilized effectively.
- Ensures that Customer Satisfaction is delivered efficiently and timely through the proper management of emails, calls, and Salesforce cases.
- Responsible for the supervision, coaching, and training of direct reports.
- Responsible for reviewing and auditing the ACH file process 2+ nights per week.
- Collaborate with other banking managers to conduct quarterly and annual banking partner audits.
- Works to understand the critical and ever-evolving payments landscape and keep the department abreast of and ready for industry changes
- Execute against a formal business continuity program across banking operations team, including ongoing planning around financial institutions and related matters
- Work with other members of the leadership team on efforts surrounding the management of money movement, including ACH, wires, and other banking operations
- Assists in conversion processes relating to bank mergers and acquisitions, system upgrades, and new releases.
- Drive continuous process improvement by effectively engaging with internal and external technology teams to develop and deploy tech-enabled automation to achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Maintain and conduct ongoing reviews of all banking relationships, including reviews of financial strength and the evolution of long-term relationships
- Additional duties as directed by management
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other quantitative program required;
- 5+ years people management and/or leadership experience working with several financial institutions across ACH & wire operations
- Experience in moving high volume of financial transactions across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of banking regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to create process and develop structure at a growing company
- Demonstrated ability to analyze applicable regulatory risks/changes and apply understanding to the development of policies and processes
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide variety of projects and topics
- High level of Integrity
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills #SH
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Finance Team is currently working remotely. You will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.