Billing Manager at Rightpoint (Chicago, IL)
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
What You’ll Be Doing and The Impact You’ll Make:
The AR/Billing Manager areas of responsibility involve managing and ensuring the seamless operation of our: Invoicing, Accounts Receivable workstream, and Project setup. This role requires a self-starter and someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and assist the team in an “all hands-on deck” capacity heavily involved with timesheet collection and client billing. You will also be involved with ensuring accurate project set ups from a budget, contract, and billing perspective, interacting across departments with different project managers and employees of all levels. If you are detail-oriented, this is the role for you! Within this growing company, you’ll have an opportunity to play a crucial role on our Accounting Team. Ensuring that our clients are invoiced (and pay) for the awesome work we do for them. But wait, there’s more! Aside from managing the A/R and billing department, you get to work closely with the rest of the accounting team on all aspects of the department to expand your skill sets. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for supporting the accounting processes with a strong eye for detail. Must enjoy working on a team and have strong communication skills. This person will also have experience with managing a team, timesheet collection, client invoicing and the A/R cycle (preferably with experience in the ‘Open Air Timesheet and Expenses’ module.) Will be expected to manage and ensure the complete full billing cycle independently.
- Manage the A/R and billing department to ensure operations are running smoothly.
- Lead the month-end closing process for A/R and billing, including completing journal entries and performing monthly reconciliations and analyses on receivables and client retainers
- Plan and oversee on-going internal processes to push for efficiencies, automation and accuracy of financial management and financial systems.
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiries.
- Performing analysis, performance monitoring, and operating system utilities related to Financial needs
- Oversee and assist with all client queries/communications regarding billing and invoicing, and stepping in when escalation is required.
- Ensure clients are accurately invoiced in a timely manner for the work we did for them and for expenses that our team members incurred. This includes closely monitoring any accounts that are nearing or past their payment terms and ensuring we collect on any “aging” invoices
- Assist the team to ensure the submission of time reports are in a timely manner
- Review all timesheets to ensure accurate processing and client billing
- Work closely with project managers to modify invoices, and set up projects
- Team up with other Rightpoint business units to facilitate billing & communication
- Support assigned accounts in pulling data and creating reports for presentations
- Reconcile incoming payments with outstanding client invoices, keeping a close watch on any possible irregularities or issues (troubleshoot up and down the system pipeline)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for billing and project management staff with questions around project setup, bill rates and general tracking of charges
- Suggest cost savings and revenue-generating ideas, and developing plans to implement them
- Perform operational Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- Complete month-end activities as needed, such as collecting timesheets on an abbreviated basis depending on month end close schedule
Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting or related field –OR- 5+ years in a professional services firm responsible for billing and collections.
What We’d Love To See:
- Must have 3-5 years of accounting or related experience, with at least 1-2 years of managing experiencing.
- Fantastic customer-facing skills, with a focus on WOWing our clients and people at every turn
- Experience in a client services type industry (Consulting or Agency Environment), as well as system knowledge (including OpenAir and Netsuite), a plus!
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive problem solver
- Detail-oriented working style – obsessed with ensuring that everything ticks and ties
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and know when to ask help from other operations team members as needed
- Strong work ethic with a flexible approach to meet changing responsibilities and priorities
- Be able to communicate technical problems in a simple manner
- Must be a team player
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH/cell phone stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed.
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.