Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Finance department at Paylocity by applying for the Billing Specialist position. As a Billing Specialist, you’ll take charge of client accounts by ensuring the accuracy of invoicing for new and existing customers. Additional responsibilities include reconciling third-party reporting and collaborating with the Client Services and Sales departments to ensure the highest customer satisfaction. The Billing Specialist will report to the Billing Supervisor.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Manager, Billing
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for setting up billing accounts for all new clients, including accurate pricing vs. clients signed quote. Review and follow necessary actions based on the client's signed Terms and Conditions at the time of sale.
- Timely respond to billing requests and tickets on daily basis, required to research client accounts before resolution of the request by the required SLA.
- Interact and collaborate with Client Services, Sales, Implementation or communicate directly with clients, on client billing inquiries and invoicing discrepancies to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Reconcile and analyze reporting provided by third-parties, responsible to bill clients accurate billing counts and pricing.
- Document and evaluate procedures, suggesting process improvements to provide efficiency gains.
- Direct involvement with legacy billing and system release testing as well as overall system issues investigation and resolution.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing environment with further career opportunities in Billing, Accounting, or Finance.
- 1-3 years’ prior work experience in accounting or billing/collections function.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- VLOOKUP and Pivot Table experience preferred.
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Accounting Team is currently working remotely. You will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.