COBRA/Direct Billing Account Manager at bswift
bswift is currently seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our Direct Client Services COBRA and Billing Team.
The COBRA and Direct Billing Account Manager is bswift's point of contact for clients utilizing bswift’s COBRA, Retiree, LOA/Leave of Absence and/or other direct billing services. This individual will be the owner of assigned accounts responsible for ensuring the timely and high-quality completion of all activities and communications required to maintain compliance and to create raving fans.
As bswift pivots its model for COBRA and Direct Billing, this role will have responsibilities in multiple technology systems and service models. Initially, as the assigned COBRA and Direct Bill Account Manager the individual will be the primary point of contact with assigned clients related to their outsourced benefit billing services, anticipating and fulfilling their needs in order to exceed their expectations, including quality and timeliness of all processes and communications for assigned accounts. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for project management, relationship ownership and execution of tasks to ensure success for internal and external clients alike.
• Acquiring requirements (including plan and employer information) and maintaining data in the billing system as requirements change.
• Proactively identify, research, and correct discrepancies between the systems.
• Ensure all processes are completed on time and correctly, including file loads, new plan and rate acquisition and information required to support new entities acquired by our clients.
• Be accountable for ensuring a timely and high quality Open Enrollment, Acquisitions or Ad Hoc Projects for billed member populations.
• Ensure any custom processes agreed to with clients are fulfilled as expected.
• Identify problems and ensure their resolution prior to negative client or member impact.
• Ensure all reporting and payments made to assigned clients are accurate and timely.
• Support account coordinators and ensure the timely and high quality completion of their work done to support your accounts.
• Triage client tickets and/or questions (email and voicemail) within 24 hours; maintaining ownership from initial customer.
• Assist service center reps and other team members with escalated calls, taking responsibility for the case where appropriate to ensure client satisfaction.
• Fully understand COBRA regulations and ensure plans remain fully compliant.
• Research and respond to appeals, complaints, requests and other specialized communications from clients or participants.
• Know internal processes and systems and proactively identify and drive continuous improvement of quality and efficiency.
• When issues occur, get to the root cause of the problem and take action to ensure it is resolved.
• Plan and execute testing of changes in Enrollment and Billing systems to ensure quality prior to implementing with clients
(NOTE: NIGHT AND WEEKEND WORK MAY BE NECESSARY)
3+ Years of direct client and/or analyst experience preferred. At least 1 year of previous COBRA billing experience
Solid Technical background
Must be proficient in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Basic Functionality)
Good written/verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel; ability to listen, clarify and respond well to questions
Ability to operate and make timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced atmosphere
Must be able to quickly sort through complex subject material
Strong analytical skill set and ability to effectively use data for strategy
High level of productivity, reliability, responsibility, attendance, dependability, organization and accuracy/thoroughness
Ability to take initiative to meet challenges with resourcefulness and new innovative approaches while maintaining a high level of quality
Must possess a passion for teamwork, client service and reaching business results through problem solving
Experience with benefits administration / open enrollment processes / COBRA billing knowledge
A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-Year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.