Commission Accounting Analyst
GoHealth is a leading developer of Web-based sales and online insurance marketing tools for the health insurance industry, helping insurance brokers, agents and carriers connect with customers and transact business more efficiently. We are revolutionizing the health insurance industry through technology.
GoHealth made the Crain's Fast Fifty list in 2014, and we were named one of North America’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies on Deloitte’s 2014 Technology Fast 500.
The Commission Accounting Analyst will assist the Commission Accounting Manager in key areas of insurance commission payments. This role is responsible for analyzing, processing, and managing several critical pieces of insurance commission payments to agents and partners. This Senior Commission Accounting Analyst will also be responsible for developing other organizational controls, such as quality control measures, and creating an improved and more efficient commission payment process.
- Provide support for commission payments and assist in agency development initiatives
- Effectively execute, organize, and manage assigned projects and reports
- Process and manage new business renewal commissions for select carrier partners
- Manage chargebacks, commission statements, and ledger review
- Assist in automation initiatives for commission processing
- Manage GoHealth VMO commission related questions
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for commission processing for selected carrier partners
- Assist in balancing carrier commission payments with custom electronic statements and monthly commission tracking
- Manage the Debit Balance Collection Program
- Support the Agent Business Unit in the expansion of GoHealth Carrier relationships
- Contribute to the VMO carrier commission processing audits through implementation of new tools, including Tableau
- Spearhead ad-hoc cleanup initiatives – held commissions, bounced deposits, invoice tracking, account health checks, etc.
- BA/BS Degree required
- 3-5 Years of Applicable Experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Detail-focused, with a highly analytical orientation
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred but not required, willing to train
- Willingness and desire to undertake new tasks
GoHealth offers a full benefits package, unlimited vacation, a very casual dress code and a fun, interactive working environment.