Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Reporting to the Commissions Manager, the Commissions Supervisor oversees and directs all aspects of the commissions function and commission staff ensuring timely, accurate and effective processing of commission and incentive compensation disbursements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4 year college degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Prior experience supervising a team of at least 5 employees
- Experience identifying, implementing, and executing improvements to existing processes; development of audits and controls.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel; proficient in data entry and time management; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated team leadership ability
- Project Management experience
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce a plus, though not required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively supervise a staff of at least 5 Commission Specialists overseeing the commission and incentive compensation calculations of over 1,000 exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Responsibilities include compensation processing, accounting, reporting, and compliance; complete monthly commission accruals.
- Provides data to others for incentive compensation budgeting and forecasting.
- Identifies and implements efficient processes and develops new audits to streamline complex compensation.
- Leads all team projects and continuously looks for ways to automate and improve processes.
- Works with a sense of urgency to ensure compensation completeness and accuracy.
- Participates in cross functional projects which involve payroll processing and procedures.
- Ability to understand the interaction between the commissions and accounting functions.
- Ensure the accuracy of all commission statements issued to employees.
- Work closely with payroll team to provide accurate and timely payment submissions each pay period.
- Ensure proper controls are in place, policies and procedures are documented, and commission functions are efficiently performed.
- Escalation point for all commission discrepancies from managers and employees.
- Must be hungry to learn, own their role, and accel at delivering an exceptional client service experience.
- Is ready to work for one the coolest companies in Chicago!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Team motivator; able to keep the team organized and ensure deadlines are met
- Able to maintain confidential posture and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment, yet also able to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.