OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the Manager of Compliance - Complaints in implementing our Complaint Handling Program related to Credit Cards.
- Primary responsibility is to Investigate and monitor all complaint changes within credit cards and identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability; develop and implement action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Aid in quality review analysis and risk assessments of third party complaints and report findings/issue specifically related to the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Act and the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure Act.
- Assist and develop how credit card complaints are collected, responded to and create mechanisms for reporting on a weekly and monthly cadence.
- Aid in, create and implement written acknowledgements, template responses to complaints, provide recommendations, update, and create complaint definitions, and Tier levels related to the efficiency of handling credit card complaints.
- Investigate credit card complaints and collect requested data, communicate, and respond to internal partners, regulators and/or consumers as appropriate.
- Act as a self-starter while working closely with a highly collaborative compliance team and other stakeholders in various phases of the credit card complaint process.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise judgment in assessing the material significance and relevance of consumer issues and ensure timely escalation.
- Assist in developing reports and KRI/KPIs, which are concise, timely and provide value to business and management to continuously improve the complaint handling process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with complaint management at financial service credit card firms
- SQL and JIRA knowledge is a plus
- Proficiency in root cause analysis
- 3-5 years’ experience with credit cards reviewing sensitive information (customer documents, banking information), ability to navigate and review accounts, notate findings, and track information.
- Willingness to learn federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; primarily the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), as well as others as necessary.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, writing, research and follow-up skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Strong work ethic, problem solving skills and sound judgment with an acute attention to detail.
- Adaptable to rapid change and identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].