Compliance Specialist - General Audit
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
- Assist the Director of Examination Management with state and federal audits, assemble all required information and documentation from other Departments, scrub and analyze loan files.
- Perform internal custom audits to ensure accurate reporting and data collection company-wide.
- Perform targeted audits on closed and adverse loan files and work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure that errors found in monthly audits are corrected in company procedures and policy.
- Maintain a knowledge of current State, Federal and Company Policies and requirements regarding HMDA, ECOA and other Compliance regulation.
- Update Compliance policy and procedure as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a mortgage lending environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in an always-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also to work closely with other team members.
- Ability to innovate and think outside of the box to enhance the Compliance Team.
- Prior knowledge of mortgage banking regulations a plus.
- Prior knowledge of Encompass (or other LOS) a plus.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.