Controller or VP of Finance
Hyde Park Venture Partners is an early stage venture capital firm focused on high-growth technology startups in the Midwest. With offices in Chicago and Indianapolis and extensive on-the-ground activity throughout the region, we invest in proven startups that have ridiculously strong founding teams. Our sweet spot is investing in startups that provide enterprise software or target marketplace opportunities. We take pride as a team in being tenacious, responsive, and impactful to all of our stakeholders: entrepreneurs, co-investors, and limited partners alike. Among others, our portfolio includes top mid-continent startups FourKites, G2, Shipbob and Terminus.
We are hiring an experienced financial professional into the role of Controller or VP of Finance — experience-dependent — to lead our internal finance and administrative functions.
- 5–10 years of public accounting, preferably in financial services
- Demonstrated excellence in both internal and external client success and enablement
- Preferred: post public accounting experience at a financial services firm or PE or Venture Capital backed operating company
- CPA and/or precedent academic degrees
- Existing residency or deep ties to Chicago
- Fund and management company finance: Manage timely and accurate accounts and books for investment funds and operating management company.
- Audit: Own annual external audit process under the direction of our consulting CFO.
- Budget preparation and oversight: Lead our annual and quarterly budgeting processes.
- Analysis and reporting: In partnership with our investment team, manage portfolio analytics and quarterly reporting for our investors.
- Investor services: Maintain investor portal and serve as a point of contact for investors on financial-related inquiries.
- Administrative: Manage human resource function, including compliance, payroll, and benefits.
- Risk management: Define and execute processes for risk management — including financial, human resources, cyber and other operating risks.
How we work:
We respect and celebrate entrepreneurs and their ideas. We are responsive and tenacious, and we do what we say. We communicate openly and honestly about fact and emotion. We make data-driven decisions. We believe that rewards should accrue to those who create value. These are our values, and we take them seriously.
For our Controller or VP of Finance hire, this means being quick, tenacious, honest and direct…while being respectful and self-managed.