Controller at The Tie Bar
What We’re Looking For:
We are searching for a Controller to own all daily accounting responsibilities, the monthly financial close, regular strategic projects, and to manage our Staff Accountant.
He or she will work collaboratively with our Merchandising, Marketing, Tech, Customer Service and Stores teams to track departmental costs against budgets and will be the ultimate owner of expense management and cash at The Tie Bar. He or she will take the lead on building out processes, policies, and internal controls for a proper accounting function.
Due to our lean team and fast-paced environment, we are looking for someone who learns quickly, has a strong eye for detail, and is willing to roll up their sleeves every day. This is an opportunity to work with a small, collaborative team at a highly profitable e-Commerce company and to be a key contributor to a growing business.
Key areas of ownership include:
- All aspects of accounting - A/R, A/P, revenue recognition, fixed asset management, inventory accounting & reconciliations
- Completing the month-end close and producing investor-ready financial statements
- Compiling the annual budget with inputs from the leadership team; reporting against the budget and creating projections based on current performance
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards and requirements through the maintenance of well-organized and structured accounts and records
- Maintaining financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Interfacing with outside auditors, tax professionals and other consultants, including managing the year-end audit process
- Developing and managing the internal control framework and accounting work flow
- Managing the federal, state and local tax filing process
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA License
- 5+ years of accounting experience, with some big 4 strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an operational role, with experience performing a monthly close
- This role requires versatility and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions of the business – strong communication skills are a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required, with an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Netsuite is strongly preferred
- Previous retail or e-commerce industry experience a plus