The Controller will work closely with the Corporate Controller and will oversee day-to-day accounting operations of Syndigo’s subsidiaries. He/she will ensure that the preparation and analysis of all financial reports meet the organization’s needs and comply with all applicable regulations.
A successful candidate will be a detailed-oriented accounting professional, with prior accounting experience in a SaaS-based organization and has a passion for creating control frameworks that drive sound financial reporting. The candidate must be able to adapt to a constantly evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous, deadline-oriented workplace while managing and developing the accounting staff.
This role will be based in Syndigo’s office in Lisle, IL or Nashville, TN.
- Manage and conduct the day-to-day accounting duties of Syndigo’s subsidiaries including international locations.
- Responsible for monthly and annual accounting cycle of Syndigo’s subsidiaries, including the reconciliation and analysis of all accounts.
- Prepare weekly and monthly management reports, internal and external financial reports and consolidations that are in compliance with GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Leading role in integrating Syndigo’s subsidiaries into the NetSuite accounting system.
- Assist in building annual budgets, rolling forecasts and monthly budget vs. actual analysis.
- Review and re-define accounting policies, financial controls and processes that align with best practices and growth.
- Progressive mentality and ability to lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to strategic business goals.
- Coordinate and manage audits, tax compliance (Corporate, Sales & Use, VAT, etc.), and other governmental or internal compliance.
- Assist Syndigo in the transition and implementation to the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606 & IFRS 15). Ensure revenue and related compensation transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with revenue regulations.
- Assist with the management and coordination of banking relationships and treasury management.
- As necessary, assist in special projects including technical accounting research, and other ad hoc projects.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive accounting responsibilities, with at least 3 years of experience as an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller and public accounting experience preferred.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related work experience.
- High level of proficiency with ERP systems and other business technologies. NetSuite and Salesforce.com experience is ideal and ability to be the NetSuite administrator is a plus.
- Experience in NetSuite or other ERP integration.
- Has comfort level with a broad technical application of GAAP.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills, with experience translating complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business.
- Has experience creating and documenting processes for accounting and financial reporting.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to interface with staff cross-functionally as well as with external third parties.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and project management leadership expertise.
- Is comfortable operating in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment. Is able to be flexible and agile as business needs and goals shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.