Corporate Accounting Analyst
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Finance skills? Are you looking for a finance role experience that isn't like any other company? We have a team looking for exactly that kind of person.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Staff Accountants get a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for assessing the accounting treatment for material transactions across the company as well as identifying processes that can be standardized and streamlined.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will play a key role in the month-end and quarter-end close process by preparing journal entries for key processes such as stock-based compensation, investment, leases and others.
- Assist Management with Sarbanes Oxley procedures by monitoring compliance with internal controls
- Seek solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues to senior/manager
- Assist with external and internal audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit
- Assist the SEC reporting team with compilation of the external filings on an as needed basis.
- Support special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Sound understanding of US GAAP
- CPA eligible
- You're comfortable with MS Office, with Excel being your secret favorite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- You're enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- You thrive in an often-times ambiguous environment
- You're seeking to join a collaborative but driven accounting department
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.