Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for an innately-curious, highly-driven, results-oriented Finance Director. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will lead our central FP&A activities - budgeting/forecasting, internal financial reporting and variance analyses - with a focus on optimizing our financial performance across the company. You will also help us understand the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Finance and Analytics.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to balance the day to day responsibilities of running our FP&A processes with driving larger analytical projects which surface those value-creating opportunities.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Run the company-wide budgeting and forecasting processes
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial packages, including in-depth analyses on underlying causes of variance to goals; support quarterly earnings preparation and reporting
- Partner with leaders to effectively manage departmental P&Ls while also finding areas which help us grow faster and generate more profit
- Drive large, cross-functional research projects which inform strategic business decisions
- Act as a ‘utility player’ across Finance - roll-up your sleeves and help with various projects as needed
- Proactively find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies
You Should Have
- BA/BS or MBA from top-tier University
- 7-10 years of experience in Corporate Finance, preferably within tech
- Excellent communication skills - ability present cohesive financial results/recommendations to senior management and interact across all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, adapting easily to change
- SQL and/or Tableau desirable