Director, Internal Audit at GoHealth
The Director, Internal Audit, is responsible for leading the overall direction of the internal audit function for the organization. As a new public company, we are creating a critical role that will be responsible for identifying financial and operational risks, designing internal controls to mitigate such risks, and planning and conducting internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. This position will be responsible for supporting the Audit Committee to accomplish its charter and helping ensure that established financial, operational and compliance practices are operating effectively across the organization.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Identifies the organization's strategic, financial, operational, and compliance risk areas; design internal controls and processes to mitigate identified risks; and develop and execute internal audit plans to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and to effectively manage risks.
- Designs and conducts an annual internal audit program sufficient in scope to meet the requirements of the Audit Committee, the external auditors and management.
- Plans, manages and works closely with management in their performance of the quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls compliance program.
- Manage the relationship and liaise with third-party service provider to plan and execute internal audits, document the organization’s internal control process manuals, and conduct SOX 404 financial reporting and ITGC audits.
- Provides counsel on new business development activities, new system implementations and other strategic initiatives to ensure internal controls are considered and designed into the process, ensuring the likelihood of success.
- Acts as an independent resource for the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors; oversees internal audit and risk management activities with the external auditors and regulatory authorities.
- Reviews specific operations at the request of the Audit Committee or management, as appropriate.
- Presents reports and other information to the Audit Committee and executive management to enable them to be knowledgeable about the state of the organization's system of internal control and risk management processes.
- Partners with Legal and Human Resources on the investigation of ethics complaints and other matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA or CIA required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience such as similar role in a publicly traded company or public accounting firm.
- A minimum of 3 years of strategic and people leadership experience.
- Public accounting or public company experience required.
- Significant SOX 404 experience and knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Strong relationship builder who knows how to proactively identify opportunities or problems, facilitates understanding and solution development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with executive presence, with proven ability to present and explain complex information to diverse audiences including senior executives and the Board of Directors.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to direct and control overall organizational resources.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer