Director, Internal Audit at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including: Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Our Finance Team isn’t your typical Finance department. We’re a dynamic team working in a fast paced and always changing environment which means the Director of Internal Audit who will be able to play a large part in developing the control environment for all our departments at Sprout. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
We are looking for a self-starter that can juggle multiple projects at a time and is energized by collaborating with both internal and external teammates. Doing our jobs effectively means we approach each interaction with confidence, each process with diligence, and our stakeholders with care.
Our ideal candidate is someone with past experience in Accounting and/or Finance within a high-growth technical company, who is able to communicate clearly across departments and organization, and thrives in a fast paced environment with the ability to maximize efficiency.
If you are agile, collaborative and are looking to play a large part in the development of our best in class Finance Team, we’d love to speak with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- A minimum of 10 years Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Internal Auditing experience with a publicly traded company
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience leading and managing a team
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Have a deep understanding of the Finance Team’s goals and key objectives and the impact our work has on Sprout’s overall business objectives.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Finalize the list of controls required for the 2021 SOX program.
- Develop relationships with key control owners inside and outside of the Finance Team.
- Agree on a testing plan with the external audit firm.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Ensure implementation of 2021 SOX controls.
- Begin initial testing of key controls.
- Prepare and present report to update the Audit Committee.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Complete testing of all key controls.
- Remediate any key controls that require remediation.
- Lead the successful 404 certification of 2021 financials.
- Lead annual enterprise risk assessment.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.