We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- Set the strategy for Internal Audit with Opploans priorities and goals in mind
- Develop a comprehensive risk-based annual plan for overall extended audit program, including assessing areas of changing risk and required reviews with a public company perspective.
- Perform independent financial, compliance, and operational audits through review of records and control procedures, providing summary reports of results and recommendations of changes to internal controls and systems.
- Manage relationships with third-party professionals conducting internal IT audits. Set scope, work with management regarding preliminary findings, and ensure a smooth process and timely final report.
- Build on our risk appetite statement to identify our strategic, operational, financial and compliance risk areas and provide internal audit services to help leadership manage those risks and report on them
- Establish audit goals and scope, identify specific activities and timeframes, determine and obtain resources, and direct the planning and conduct of audits
- Communicate with executive leadership to ensure concerns are addressed and expectations are met; approve and oversee the reports to the Board and senior executives which address key business risks and control issues
You will initially report directly to the CFO and in the long term you will report directly to the board. You will build an internal audit department in this role. There is significant room for growth in this position.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting
- CPA, CISA, CIA or other relevant certifications preferred
- 10+ years of auditing experience
- Specialty Finance or banking experience required
- Public company experience is preferred
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams in complex business transformations including driving IPO readiness project management
- Ability to clearly present project status and results to all partners, including external parties
- Understanding of latest risk management concepts and control models, such as COSO
- Understanding of information technology and its effects for business commerce and managing and controlling business operations
- Expertise influencing senior professionals in a complex, startup environment
- Experience working with C-suite, executive sponsors and Board members to drive the required business changes, manage risk and achieve expected results
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you catapult your career here. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.