Seeking a full time Director of Investing with 10-15 years of experience to join a rapidly growing IT services company in Downers Grove, IL. This person would report directly to the Vice President of Investing and would be responsible for overseeing a team of 3-4 associates responsible for pricing complex, multi tower project. The candidate must be an independent thinker, have experience with Managed Services and IT outsourcing (Mainframe, Distributed and Cloud) as well as strong understanding of finance, investing and risk assessment. Ideally, the candidate would be located near our headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, though remote candidates will also be considered. Prior consulting experience with IT outsourcing and project management experience is a huge plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the development of pricing models and strategies designed to optimize revenue, market share, brand positioning and long-term profits.
- Evaluate potential opportunities with a Focus on complex, multi-tower/multi-solution deals (i.e combination of multiple products lines such as Mainframe, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Distributed, Consulting) helping sales team holistically solve client needs with a business results-oriented approach vs a technology outsourcing mentality
- Manage team of 2-4 direct reports including Expert Investing Analysts and a resource focused on Total Cost of Ownership
- Meets with potential clients to understand business problems, constraints and help team devise solutions, bringing a finance lens, to meet customer needs, both technologically as well as financially (budgetary constraints, cost of capital etc..)
- Partners with Sales/Marketing, Business Development, Finance, and other key stakeholders to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
- Prioritizes and delivers on opportunities to monetize products offered initially at little to no cost, or to implement upsell opportunities as products are repositioned in the marketplace.
- Monitors the ongoing business environment to ensure competitive pricing/market position and directs the development and analysis of pricing models and projections.
- Oversees the implementation of pricing proposals across the organization.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related area.
- People Leader – an accountable manager who creates a team culture where individuals thrive and deliver successful outcomes
- IT Technical knowledge
- Project Management skills
- Handle many priorities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to interface, present to and negotiate with customers at all management levels
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and listening
- Resilience and resourcefulness in complex problem solving
- Exceedingly good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work swiftly within tight timelines and meet deliverable due dates
- Comfortable with quickly change of direction
- Excellent file origination and time management skills
- Master's Degree in Finance, Business, or a Data Sciences field
- Experience leading projects for IT outsourcing consultancy