Director Tax Services at Paylocity
Reporting to the VP, Tax and Compliance, the Director, Tax Services will be responsible for leading the Tax Notice Resolution Team within Paylocity Tax Services. The Tax Notice Team is responsible for resolving tax notices and responding to amendment requests for 20,000+ payroll and HR clients. Tax Services files more than 1 million tax returns annually on behalf of our customers.
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Ensure that the team researches and resolves Agency Notices related to Employment Tax returns and payments prepared and filed by Paylocity on behalf of our customers.
- Communicate status updates and resolution to customers and internal partners to ensure superior client experience
- Collaborate with Tax Service Operational Directors to identify and resolve defects that lead to Tax Notices.
- Hire, train, develop and lead a team of Tax Services professionals
- Manage in a high volume, growing Tax Services operation
- Develop and foster a culture of continuous process improvement to support a growth environment
- Establish Key Performance Indicators and measure performance/improvements of scaling processes
- Cross-functional leadership of / participation in interdepartmental working teams including operations, client service, implementation, software development and finance
- Monitor and maintain all software updates related to payroll and tax applications
- Analysis of business trends and reporting to Executive team
- Develop strategic plans and partnerships with leaders throughout Paylocity
- Design and enhance applications and procedures that are scalable to give Paylocity a competitive advantage
- Participate in IRS RAF, NPRC and other reporting agent forums
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Finance, Accounting or related field required
- CPA, JD, MBA or Master’s degree in Tax preferred
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in management roles, and management experience
- Experience in large public accounting firm or large law / consulting firm preferred
- Operational process improvement experience preferred
- Federal and State tax agencies (IRS, SSA, DHS, DOL) is valuable
- Ability to work across all levels within an organization