ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Director/FinOps of the Americas to join our growing company. A key component of the role will be presenting the financial matrix of the US business to stakeholders. You will lead a team of financial managers and work closely with the senior management on financial operations for the US broker dealer and all SEC/FINRA regulatory filings and requirements.
- Manage financial controls and processes including revenue recognition, invoicing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, general ledger, income taxes and compensation
- Review and ensure appropriate internal controls procedures and that all SEC/FINRA rules related to the operations of the US equities business are adhered to.
- Consolidate budgets, forecasts, and assess the company’s financial performance and communicate potential risks / operational goals
- Prepare detailed management accounts, metrics packs and drive overall financial goals.
- Prepare and present financial information for the Board of Directors
- Work with upper management in identifying and resolving BD related financial issues and suggesting procedural changes as necessary
- Manage relationships with banking, financial institutions, vendors, etc.
- Manage licensing and regulatory filings
- Document the due diligence processes, tracking, and reporting on existing investments
- Knowledge/Experience with US GAAP Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Prepare for Audit Reviews with outside auditing staff
- Understand the trade finance business and regulatory landscape
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Actuarial or related fields with an advanced degree (Master’s / MBA).
- 10+ years’ experience in Finance and Accounting, 7+ years’ experience in senior financial management with a successful track record in FinTech and/or brokerage environment
- CPA required
- Hold a Series 27 license (can consider Series 28, with the ability to get a Series 27)
- Experience with annual audits of Broker Dealers
- Experience with brokerage Net Capital requirements
- Experience filing FOCUS Reports
- A strong knowledge of US Equities markets and the entire life cycle of the trading ecosystem
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to manage teams and communicate with the Board of Directors
- Experienced in securing funding sources and structuring trade finance products based on market needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
Software and Accounting System Requirements:
- Microsoft Excel, skills required (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot tables, complex formulas, macros)
- Sun Accounting Systems
Knowledge of systems preferred, but not required:
Our Benefit Offerings:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage available
- Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Transit deduction options
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- 401k and Roth 401k (retirement planning) options available and competitive company match
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Fresh beverages and snacks in office