Are you ready to take a financial leadership role in a growing Fortune 1000 public company?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. Do you want to take more ownership of your career? Then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon is looking for a tenacious, self-starting Finance Director to lead the North America Groupon Services Commercial Finance team. The Groupon Services Finance Director role is responsible for leading all financial operations of the Local channel, including Health, Beauty and Wellness, Things To Do, Home & Auto, Food & Drink and Retail, and the Travel channel, in partnership with the divisional GMs of the business. The department delivers planning, forecasting and analysis that drives financial and business performance for the company. This position reports into the Vice President of Global Commercial Finance.
At Groupon you’ve got the "best of both worlds"; we're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work? Why don't you start by meeting some of the finance professionals around the world who are re-inventing the finance model at Groupon.
- You will lead, develop and motivate a high performing finance team
- Derive actionable insights for senior leadership team and serve as key thought partner to the executive leadership
- Full P&L ownership from top line revenue growth down to gross profit, as well as direct sales operating expenses for the Company’s largest division
- Lead the annual planning process, and weekly and monthly forecasts. Drive variance analysis, and identify risks and opportunities
- Drive Sales staffing optimization by using data and analysis to improve efficiency of our 1,000+ sales organization
- Partner with Merchandising and Operations teams to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance
- Deliver valued analytical support to the GMs and other senior executives across Groupon – helping drive actions through analysis, communication and persistence
- Partner deeply with the GMs, Marketing and Merchandising to drive achievement of the annual financial plan
- Identify and develop key business opportunities grounded in data-centric financial analysis to drive business performance
- Stand up repeatable and scalable solutions which enable controllership while also shifting the balance of your team’s time towards benefited support and away from driving core processes
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience in Finance or other related field; MBA preferred
- Industry experience in e-commerce, distribution, retail, etc.
- You know how to get things done in a high-energy, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Self-starter, highly flexible, ability to handle changing directions/priorities and roles as business needs evolve
- Strategic, analytical thinker who gets deep into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Ability to effectively articulate and communicate analysis and influence decision-making
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarize complex data to help achieve strategic and operational goals
- Ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information to senior management
- Proven ability to work both independently and within cross functional teams
- You know the power of attracting and developing talent for future growth in the organization
- Strong business judgment and excellent project management skills
Groupon is an equal opportunity employer
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.