At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We are in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We leverage a tested model of care that combines value-based contracting, data-driven decision-making, ancillary services development, and the capital needed for success.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for a Finance Director to manage market financial performance as well as partnering with operators to effectively manage relevant practice operations within assigned territories. This leader will play an integral role in supporting the financial needs of newly acquired practices as our footprint continues to grow in new markets. As a Finance Director, you will work directly with the CFO and Senior Finance Director to ensure alignment with goals including oversight for finances, budget, revenue and expense management, and financial reporting and accounting.
What you might do in your first year as a Finance Director:
- Partner with employed medical group on key KPIs and reporting market leadership to assist in financial decisions by providing ad-hoc financial analysis support, monitoring of market performance against budget, assisting in the establishment of market level policies and procedures
- Manage, in partnership with respective operational leadership, the daily, weekly, and monthly financial activities for the market and practice management operations
- Provide reporting on financial and operational performance for assigned markets’ by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial and operational data
- Develop business plans and financial forecasts/models for assigned markets and strategic initiatives
- Contribute to the development of the annual budget for assigned markets
- Develop and implement changes to more effectively manage financial & operational reporting and annual planning
- Work with external auditors to ensure financial processes are efficient and in compliance with applicable auditing standards
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you bring to VillageMD:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance required
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Health Care Administration or a related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years in progressive Accounting or Finance roles required
- Experience in a healthcare setting (preferably a hospital system or large medical practice) required
- Experience in financial management, revenue cycle, administration, personnel management, and business development required
- Demonstrated analytical, project management, and leadership skills
- Ability to influence business partners/leaders
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of various financial principles, practices, and applications including budgeting, financial planning, and financial reporting required.
- Ability to learn quickly, think independently, and develop new processes/analyses as required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.