Finance Lead - Village Medical at VillageMD
VillageMD, a leading national provider of primary care, and Walgreens have forged a collaboration to offer a transformative primary care experience. Branded Village Medical, these state-of-the-art primary care clinics will provide comprehensive primary care services, integrated tightly with pharmacists, nurses and social workers to meet the full suite of patient needs in their communities and neighborhoods. In addition to neighborhood clinics co-located with Walgreens, Village Medical is also growing rapidly at traditional primary care locations as groups of primary care physicians join the Village Medical Group.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for a financial leader to manage market financial performance as well as partnering with operators to effectively manage relevant practice operations within assigned territories. This leader will play an integral role in the successful launch and scaling of new Village Medical clinics as well as supporting the financial needs of newly acquired practices as our footprint continues to grow in new markets. As a Finance Lead, you will work directly with the CFO and Senior Finance Director to ensure alignment with goals including oversight for finances, budget, revenue and expense management, and financial reporting and accounting. This individual will provide financial leadership Village Medical.
What you might do in your first year as a Finance Lead:
- Partner with employed medical group on key KPIs and reporting market leadership to assist in financial decisions by providing ad-hoc financial analysis support, monitoring of market performance against budget, assisting in the establishment of market level policies and procedures
- Manage, in partnership with respective operational leadership, the daily, weekly, and monthly financial activities for the market and practice management operations
- Provide reporting on financial and operational performance for assigned markets’ by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial and operational data
- Develop business plans and financial forecasts/models for assigned markets and strategic initiatives
- Contribute to the development of the annual budget for assigned markets
- Develop and implement changes to more effectively manage financial & operational reporting and annual planning
- Work with external auditors to ensure financial processes are efficient and in compliance with applicable auditing standards
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you bring to VillageMD:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance required
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Health Care Administration or a related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years in progressive Accounting or Finance roles required
- Experience in a healthcare setting (preferably a hospital system or large medical practice) required
- Experience in financial management, revenue cycle, administration, personnel management, and business development required
- Demonstrated analytical, project management, and leadership skills
- Ability to influence business partners/leaders
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of various financial principles, practices, and applications including budgeting, financial planning, and financial reporting required.
- Ability to learn quickly, think independently, and develop new processes/analyses as required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.