Tribune Publishing is seeking a highly motivated Finance Manager to support, partner, and oversee Advertising Sales for CTMG along with its Niche products. This manager will report to and work closely with the Sr. Director of Finance while partnering with senior leaders across the organization, including SVP of Revenue and Publisher & Editor.
- Advertising Revenue Management: Responsible for monitoring the productivity and profitability of local advertising revenue, support operating managers with data analysis and presentation of revenue streams, plans, forecast, and goals. Contribute to the development of operating and strategic plans. Work with commissions and system support teams to report accurate and timely information, while looking for opportunities to improve and find efficiencies.
- Operating Plan: Work with local advertising sales representatives to assist in account alignment and be involved in decision making for account ownership. Partner with the commissions team and provide guidance for compensation related items. Create dashboards to provide to senior leadership that emphasizes KPIs and sales performance. Design and build reports that outline the performance of advertising year-to-date. Oversee niche P&Ls and partner with leaders to assess opportunity and risks.
- Expense Reporting: Create and maintain monthly and quarterly reviews and variance analyses. Assist management decision making about partner performance and finance and accounting groups with partner revenue and payment details Monthly Forecasting: Perform and create monthly expense forecasts for senior management regarding monetization partnerships, department costs, and variances to plan and previous forecasts. Investigate large expenses that are impacting profit and assess future options for cost savings.
- Decision Support: Perform ad hoc financial analyses for various stakeholders evaluating proposed operating changes, partnership changes, and strategic projects. Various ad hoc reporting support.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Finance/Accounting with five years related business experience.
- Excellent MS Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups, advanced summing functions. Oracle experience preferred but not required.
- Must be a self-starter that is highly motivated, deadline and detail oriented, and understands a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Problem solver.
- Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management.
- Experience with Oracle Financial systems, Essbase, and other reporting tools a plus.