The Financial Accountant’s primary responsibility is to execute the day to day operations of
the finance function, and business partner with stakeholders in the US and Australia around
commercial matters. This is a hands-on role and cover the full remit of finance for the US business.
The role will work closely with Quantium Group finance (Sydney based) in adopting and aligning to
global policies, standards and processes.
The role has accountability to ensure efficient execution of Financial and commercial activities and
work closely with the SVP, US to provide costings / calculations for new projects and work streams,
as well as supporting business development activities. In addition, the role will implement operational
process improvements, as well as manage risk & compliance matters, selection and management of
vendors, and partner with the Chicago office Executive Assistant to support the smooth running of the
Chicago office and US operations. Given the US office expansion, the ability to travel across North America will also be required from time to time.
The role will require you to develop strong relationships with stakeholders across the global business, in
multiple time zones and geographies.
- Taking ownership for the accounting records for the local US entity including posting accounting entries and ensuring reconciliation are timely, accurate and completed each month
- Monthly reporting to Group Finance and other areas of the business
- Recording month-end journals, accruals, advances, liabilities etc, as well as recording and payment of Vendor invoices
- Reconciliation of all Balance sheet accounts including Accounts payable / Receivables / Bank Account / Prepayments
- Preparation of statutory compliance reports and filing monthly returns with the appropriate external party
- Analytical review or comparative analysis of financials
- To have a good understanding of the cost base, predominantly resources related and aligned to current and potential new revenue
Experience and education required
- Finance degree with 2-3 years of experience in Finance and Accounts (working towards professional qualification)
- Experience working on ERP systems (Microsoft AX preferred)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision / no supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter and motivated to be outcome driven at all times
More about Quantium
As one of the world’s fully diversified data science and AI leaders we operate across every sector of the economy and we’re growing fast - with growth comes opportunity! We’re passionate about building out our team of smart, fun, diverse and motivated people.
We combine a team of experts that spans data scientists, actuaries, statisticians, business analysts, strategy consultants, engineers, technologists, programmers, product developers, and futurists – all dedicated to harnessing the power of data to drive transformational outcomes for our clients.
We actively foster a culture where our people can stretch themselves to reach their full potential. We also know that work has to work for you, and modern life is fast paced and balance can be tricky. You want to work where you are respected and valued as an individual, not a number. Quantium embraces a flexible and supportive environment dedicated to powering possibilities for our team members, clients and partners.
Quantium are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities. We celebrate our diversity of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and disability status.
Please note, this role is not suitable for Graduates. If you are a graduate and you’d like information about our Graduate Academy please visit https://au.gradconnection.com/employers/quantium/about-us/
If you submit an application or expression of interest to The Quantium Group Pty Ltd, we may disclose your application or expression of interest on a confidential basis to our related companies, and joint venture companies, including Quantium Health Pty Limited. We will only make such disclosures for the purpose of considering your application or expression of interest and opportunities in those organisations.