Financial Analyst & Special Assistant to CEO
Tribune Publishing is seeking a Financial Analyst & Special Assistant to the CEO to work in many different functions of the CEO’s office, including financial and business analysis, project management, general strategy and variety of other duties. This multi-faceted, highly visible role will report to the Chief of Staff and work closely with the CEO.
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
- Performs regular and ad-hoc business analyses at the request of the Chief of Staff, CEO and other stakeholders.
- Works with the Chief of Staff and CEO on budgets and regularly reviews expenses.
- Works with the CEO’s direct reports and their staff in their efforts to address specific requests and assignments from the Chief of Staff, CEO, CFO and others and assists in organizing follow-up meetings as necessary.
- Reviews with the Chief of Staff weekly, monthly, quarterly reports, metrics, and KPIs and assists in summarizing the reports into highlights with insights that are easy to consume in the least amount of time possible.
- Reviews and maintains P&Ls for different lines of business across the organization.
- Provides direct support to the Chief of Staff to coordinate, manage and track projects, events and initiatives as assigned.
- Keeps notes and sends follow up task lists from the Chief of Staff’s and CEO’s regular meetings and calls.
- Manages correspondence and electronic communications; drafts correspondence and ensures timely responses.
- Provides the Chief of Staff with additional bandwidth on various projects to enable greater efficiencies across the organization.
- An undergraduate degree (business degree preferred but not required) and experience or equivalent education that demonstrates strong business analytics and financial acumen
- Familiarity with business and financial concepts, including P&Ls, cash flows, and basic accounting principles
- Ability to interpret complex sets of data and assemble insights into digestible and understandable reports and presentations
- Microsoft Office expertise, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and consensus building skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with the utmost discretion and tact
- The ability to work independently and be a self-starter/trainer